Booktube-a-thon 2016 TBR



Booktube-a-thon is here again! It is that time of year again, Booktube-a-thon! Last year I ended up having a family emergency part of the way through so I didn't end up participating in a lot of the events going on and in the end couldn't finish either. I'm hoping to change that this year! I know I've been really bad at keeping up lately with my blog and booktube and bookstagram but I'm hoping this will give me the extra push to do more. Without further ado, here is my tbr for the 2016 Booktube-a-thon! I like to try to get to all of the challenges and push myself. 
_____________________________________________________________________

Challenge 1: A book with yellow on the cover- ya contemporary 
          
Spy Goddess: Live and Let Shop        By: Michael P Spraolin



I once got this book from the library over a decade ago, read it and loved it. So while technically this is a re-read, it has been so long that it is like new again. And is this cover yellow enough you think? This is the only contemporary book I have on the list and I don't own or read too many of them. Hopefully this book will put me in the mood to branch out more and read more contemporary books. Technically this isn't even a straight contemporary since it has thriller elements to it, but I'm still calling it a contemporary! 


Buy links: Amazon  |  Chapters/Indigo  |  Barnes & Noble 

________________________________________________________________________

Challenge 2: Read a book after sunset- ya thriller

          
Dangerous Lies         By: Becca Fitzpatrick 


think this might actually be the easiest challenge for me to complete. As my job is an overnight job, all I have to do is read when I am on break or awake at night on my weekend. I specifically chose this book because I though this young adult thriller would really set the mood if it was read at night. Like watching a scary movie alone at night in the dark. 


Buy links: Amazon  |  Chapters/Indigo  |  Barnes & Noble 


____________________________________________________________________

Challenge 3: A book discovered through Booktube- ya fantasy
          
Daughter of Smoke and Bone        By: Laini Taylor



I discovered this book when I was watching Katytastic on Booktube. If you haven't watched her videos, this series is her favourite series of all time and she recommends everyone to read it. After I heard her mention it a couple of times I decided to look it up and fell in love with the premise and cover and decided to pick it up. A young adult fantasy that seems right up my alley, I'm looking forward to reading it. 


Buy links: Amazon  |  Chapters/Indigo  |  Barnes & Noble  


_____________________________________________________________________

Challenge 4: A book by your favourite author- novella bind-up
          
Assassin's Blade      By: Sarah J Maas



I absolutely adore the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas and it is one of my favourite series of all time. I picked up the novella bind-up awhile ago but never got around to reading it. I've heard that you should read it before you read Queen of Shadows and I got it after I read QoS so I've kind of put it off. The novellas are supposed to add to the experience of the series and give you new insight into why and how certain characters are the way they are. So I'm looking forward to delving back into this world especially since Empire of Storms doesn't come out until this fall. 


Buy links: Amazon  |  Chapters/Indigo  |  Barnes & Noble


_____________________________________________________________________

Challenge 5: A book that's older than you- classic
         
Pride and Prejudice         By: Jane Austen



At 203 years old, Pride and Prejudice is definitely a book that is older than I am. I have read this classic before, but never to review it so I feel like I will look at it with more of a critical eye than if it was just a fun read. I also haven't read too many classics and would like to review all of the ones I have. This is also the only adult fiction book on this list, which I am perfectly ok with. 


Buy links: Amazon  |  Chapters/Indigo  |  Barnes & Noble 


____________________________________________________________________

Challenge 6: Read and watch book to movie adaptation- ya sci-fi 
           
5th Wave               By: Rick Yancey


I wasn't too interested in this book series to begin with. I haven't read or liked a lot of science fiction books that I've read, but then I saw the trailer for the movie adaptation of this book. I got really interested in the movie and by association the book. Since the book is generally better than the movie right? So I picked up the book and the movie and I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare. 


Buy links: Amazon  |  Chapters/Indigo  |  Barnes & Noble 


______________________________________________________________________

Challenge 7: Read 7 books- historical fantasy
        
My Lady Jane        By: Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton


My Lady Jane is my most recent book buy. I'm of course interested on the magical take of this time in history, but I'm also just as excited to read a book that was done by three different authors. This book is supposed to be a hilarious take on the time of Lady Jane Grey who held the throne for 8 days before she lost her head. With the addition of magical elements, this is one of my most looked forward to reads of the year. I can't wait to get to it! 


Buy links: Amazon  |  Chapters/Indigo  |  Barnes & Noble

_____________________________________________________________________

I tried to get a wide variety of lengths, genres and authors for this read-a-thon. A lot of these book have been sitting on my shelf for awhile so I will be glad to move them to the read pile. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get to all of the books on my list, but I would love to be able to read and review all of these and more! 

Have you read any of the books that I've included? Let me know below how you liked them, I always love hearing other people's opinions. I've also included buy links for all of the books mentioned in this post so feel free to check them out and hopefully some will be added to your tbr or you'll love it so much you have to buy it! 

You can watch my TBR on my Youtube Channel Here

1 comment

  1. I hope you enjoy all of your books! I've heard a lot of positive things about My Lady Jane. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete