December 2017 TBR ❄️


Welcome to the true start of winter and my December TBR. I’ve decided to go with a holiday theme this month in my reading list which is obviously inspired by the holidays and winter. 

I am being pretty ambitious this month with a total of 7 books on my list but I've had a pretty bad reading year so I thought I would try to use this month to catch up to my reading goal a bit. 

Hiddensee- From the mind of Gregory Maguire of Wicked fame comes a Nutcracker retelling. Maguire always seems to bring something extra to the story he has chosen and I expect no difference with this book. I’m intrigued as to how the historical context will play out in this book! The Nutcracker is my favourite part of the holiday season so I am especially excited to read this retelling. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Snow Like Ashes Trilogy- I’ve already read the first book in this series but it was so long ago that it is time for a reread. I’m planning on reading the entire trilogy this time and I can’t wait! I love the idea that each country is ruled by a season and this will definitely put me in a winter mood. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Nutcracked- This is another Nutcracker retelling but this is a middle grade version. The story is about a young girl who wants to dance as Clara in the ballet and when she dances with an antique Nutcracker gets transported to another world. This is the story I would have loved to read when I was a young girl and dreamed of becoming Clara. I am anticipating this book to be a good one. 


Find it on Goodreads _____________________________________________________________________

Tortall: A Spy’s Guide- This is the only book that doesn’t quite fit my holiday and winter theme.  But I haven’t had time to read it yet and since I am back on a reading schedule after an extremely hectic (personally) year I really wanted to fit it in. I have been a long time fan of Tamora Pierce and when I heard she was coming out with a new book I jumped up and down in excitement. I can’t wait to see how this ties in with the rest of the Tortall universe! 

_____________________________________________________________________


Winterspell- Yet another Nutcracker retelling! I am looking forward to this retelling the most out of the three I am reading this month. It has revenge, fantasy, action, adventure, all the makings for a perfect book! I think this might be the first book I read this month, specially since it will get me in a festive mood!

_____________________________________________________________________

What are you reading this month? Are you in a festive mood and loving the snow or are you waiting until later on in December? I would love to hear from you in the comments down below. 

1 comment

  1. I loved Snow Like Ashes when I read it several years ago, but I haven't gotten around to reading the rest of the series! I hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete